The April 2015 Reading List: What were your favorite reads for April?

28 Apr

It’s time to create some reading lists!  Once a month, we will post something just like this:  a post asking about your favorite reads during a given month.  At the end of the month, we’ll put together a reading list containing all of your selections.  You can name any kind of book or short story you like, even if it’s not science fiction or fantasy.

So with that in mind, here we go:

What were your favorite reads for April 2015?

Leave a comment 🙂

Advertisements

16 Responses to “The April 2015 Reading List: What were your favorite reads for April?”

1. Louise H April 28, 2015 at 9:38 am #

Novel: Fool’s Assassin by Robin Hobb – even if it took me since October to finish it because I did not want to leave that world again

Short Story: The Shape of My Name by Nino Cipri (Tor.com, published in March)

• shaunduke April 29, 2015 at 1:27 am #

I loved Ship of Magic. Have never read Fool’s though.

• Louise H April 29, 2015 at 5:38 pm #

I have read all of Hobb’s books (and most of the Megan Lindholm ones) – mostly because they are awesome, but also because they were about the only women-authored epic fantasy my local library had when I was a teen (a trend that sadly continues there to this day).

The Liveship trilogy was my favourite 🙂

• shaunduke April 29, 2015 at 5:44 pm #

I actually picked up Ship of Magic on a whim at a library book sale. It had no slip cover, so all I saw inside was a map. Read the book. Loved it. 🙂

2. DJ (@MyLifeMyBooksMyEscape) April 28, 2015 at 9:51 pm #

I haven’t finished this yet – almost done – but Edge of Dark by Brenda Cooper. I did not expect this, but I am loving this book!
    I also read The Last Argument of Kings by Joe Abercrombie, which was absolutely amazing.

• shaunduke April 29, 2015 at 1:26 am #

Did you catch our interview with her? It’s linked in the episode widget on the sidebar :). Great book!

• DJ (@MyLifeMyBooksMyEscape) April 29, 2015 at 4:44 pm #

Shoot. No, I missed it! My phone storage must have been full when it came out. I’m on the Alien WISB. Just went back and downloaded on my comp to give it a listen to though. Thanks! 🙂

• shaunduke April 29, 2015 at 5:43 pm #

Sure! I hope you enjoy the Alien ep 🙂

3. Aidan Walsh April 29, 2015 at 12:53 am #

I really enjoyed City of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennett.

• shaunduke April 29, 2015 at 1:25 am #

Ah hell yeah! Love that book!

• Aidan Walsh April 29, 2015 at 1:48 am #

So good. Had to have a bit of sit down on my own when I finished. Book hasn’t done that to me for ages.

4. Glaiza April 29, 2015 at 12:55 am #

I finally got round to reading The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula Le Guin (so brilliant) and The Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler (very grim but I loved the writing. I need to check out more of Butler’s work in the future.) A Companion to Wolves by Sarah Monette and Elizabeth Bear was also unique.

• shaunduke April 29, 2015 at 1:25 am #

Parable is an incredible book. Never read that particular Le Guin, which probably makes me a terrible person…

5. A.C. Wise April 29, 2015 at 7:25 am #

Novel: The Boy Who Lost Fairyland by Catherynne M. Valente.

Short: The Pauper Prince and the Eucalyptus Jinni by Usman T. Malik

6. S. C. Flynn May 2, 2015 at 6:02 am #

A real oldie for me – e-read of I,Robot by Asimov!