Guess what? Another episode! And it’s on time. Fancy that. This week we talk about crazy prehistoric whales, Doctor Who, Ray Bradbury, the new Spiderman, and the wonderful things that are our public libraries. So tune in and enjoy!
Question of the Week: What is your fondest memory of the library? Feel free to email your answers to skiffyandfanty [at] gmail [dot] com or send us a voicemail at 206-203-1686! You can also leave a comment here or follow us on twitter. We’d love to hear your creative responses!
And one more note: There will be no episode next week due to time constraints (i.e. Shaun will be traveling in another country). Don’t worry. We’ll be back the week following! We promise!
Here’s the episode (show notes are below):Episode Eight — Download (MP3)
Intro and News (0:00 – 34:05):
- Is Hollywood Heading to Mars? (The Martian Chronicles optioned for a film!)
- The New Spiderman
- Never Let Me Go (trailer)
- Depp to play Doctor Who in a U.S. movie version?
- The Mutant Sperm Whale: The Guardian’s take; the BBC’s take.
Main Segment (34:06 – 1:04:15):
- Neil Gaiman says closing libraries would be “a terrible mistake” (The Telegraph)
The End (1:04:16 – 1:13:01):
- The Man Who Loved Books Too Much (a fantastic book!)
And that’s all, folks! See you next time.