Here we are with the second episode of the show! We get a little more controversial, slightly less clean, and a lot more crazy (well, Adam does; Shaun, as we all know, is a little angel).
One quick thing: we mention in the episode that one of the segments still has the split audio. It doesn’t. I managed to de-split the audio, so there are no split-audio sections. We didn’t have time to re-record.
Without further delay, here it is. Enjoy (notes are below):
Our question of the week is:
Who are some of your favorite new science fiction writers and why? (“New” means a writer who began publishing novels in the last ten years.)
Let us know in the comments, or send us an email or a voicemail to the locations listed in the sidebar or on the Contact page.
Intro Discussion (0:00 – 24:45):
- Gav’s posts about SF Signal’s Mind Melds and the Old Fogies of SF: first, second, and third.
- SF Signal’s Mind Melds: part one and part two.
News (24:46 – 49:19):
- China Mievill is writing a space opera novel!
- The Literary Terrorist.
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea gets two movie treatments.
- 7 (stupid) genre shows coming this fall.
The Main Event (49:20 – 1:01:13):
- So What is the Literary Life Like? (M.D. Lachlan’s post)
The End (Books and Things)(1:01:13 – 1:18:23):
- Spar by Kij Johnson.
And that’s all, folks! Thanks for listening!