Italy and Japan dominate this week’s episode, which includes SFT updates for April and an interview with the very talented and very busy Italian author/editor/publisher Francesco Verso. Rachel fills you in on the Chinese, Italian, Korean, Dutch, French, and Spanish short SFT available in the past month, several novels, excerpts you can read online, reviews, and a new feature on her site: Daniel Haeusser reviewing short SFT each month.
With new stories and books coming to our attention each week, make sure to check the SFT website for updates. Enjoy, and keep reading!
- Francesco Verso on Future Fiction
- SFT out in April
- “The Wings of Earth” by Jiang Bo, translated from the Chinese by Andy Dudak (Clarkesworld Magazine, April 1)
- “Fifth: You Shall Not Waste” by Piero Schiavo Campo, translated from Italian by Sarah Jane Webb (Akashic Books website, April)
- “Taklamakan Misdelivery” by Bae Myung-hoon, translated from the Korean by Sung Ryu (Asymptote, April)
- “Aspirin” by Park Min-gyu, translated from the Korean by Agnel Joseph (Asymptote, April)
- “A Perfect Wife” by Angélica Gorodischer, translated from the Spanish by Amalia Gladhart (World Literature Today, April)
- “The Tenants” by Anne Richter, translated from the French by Edward Gauvin (World Literature Today, April)
- “The House” by Pierrette Fleutiaux, translated from the French by Edward Gauvin (World Literature Today, April)
- “Catching Dogs With Dogs” by Rob van Essen, translated from the Dutch by Kristen Gehrman (2.3.74, April)
- Speculative Japan 4: “Pearls for Mia” and Other Tales (Kurodahan Press, April 1)
- The Invisible Valley by Su Wei, translated from the Chinese by Austin Woerner (Small Beer Press, April 3)
- Oneiron by Laura Lindstedt, translated from the Finnish by Owen Witesman (Oneworld, April 5)
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes Vol. 6: Flight by Yoshiki Tanaka, translated from the Japanese by Tyran Grillo (Haikasoru, April 17)
- The Emissary by Yoko Tawada, translated from the Japanese by Margaret Mitsutani (New Directions, April 24)
- Daniel Haeusser reviews short SFT for April
- Rachel reviews The Invisible Valley
- Rachel reviews Future Fiction: New Dimensions in International SF on Strange Horizons
- M. A. Orthofer reviews Oneiron on The Complete Review
- Aditya Singh reviews Sisyphean on Strange Horizons
- General Links
If you have a question you’d like us to answer, feel free to shoot us a message on our contact page.