Episode #6 marks our first attempt at trying to define science fiction. Plus, we talk about Ridley Scott’s new Alien movies, the death of the rejection letter and the future of publishing, and much more!
Note: This episode is a day late. I had a particularly terrible day yesterday, so don’t scream at me too much.
Question of the week: If you could change one part of your body into a robot part, which would it be and why? Feel free to email your answers to skiffyandfanty [at] gmail [dot] com or send us a voicemail at 206-203-1686! You can also leave a comment here or follow us on twitter. We’d love to hear your creative responses!
Here’s the episode (show notes are below):Episode Six — Download (MP3)
Intro (0:00 – 14:20):
- The Happy Demise of the Rejection Letter (Futurismic)
- Nathan Bransford’s original post.
- OF Blog of the Fallen
News (14:21 – 30:35):
- New Canadian science fiction magazine!
- Ridley Scott wants to make two Alien prequels.
- Adaptation of Richard Matheson’s “Real Steel” is coming to the big screen.
- io9’s take on “Real Steel.”
- USA Today’s discussion of “Real Steel.”
Main Event (30:36 – 1:10:00)
The End (1:10:01 – 1:14:56)
That’s all, folks! Thanks for listening!