It’s time to talk about eBooks, some of our good zombie friends, Suzanne Collins, and the new Battleship movie. Yes, you heard that right. There is going to be a Battleship movie, and it’s going to be a scifi flick. Listen to the show to find out how…
So tune in and enjoy!
This week’s tagline was created by my dear friend Kelsey (known as Mercy on Young Writers Online). Thanks, Kelsey!
Question of the Week:
We’re changing it up a little bit. This week we have a question, but we’re giving it to you via a poll.
If you’d like to give a more detailed answer to the question, you can email it to skiffyandfanty [at] gmail [dot] com or send us a voicemail at 206-203-1686! You can also leave a comment here or follow us on twitter. We’d love to hear your creative responses!
Here’s the episode (show notes are below):Episode Sixteen — Download (MP3)
Intro and News (0:00 – 25:15):
- Suzanne Collins Sells 450,000 Books (in the first two weeks)
- Harper Collins to Create New Global SF Imprint
- Universal Dead Movie Rumors Confirmed!
- Details About the Battleship Movie
- Rihanna in the Battleship Movie
The Main Event: Ebooks — Savior or Curse? (25:16 – 53:57):
- U.S. Neighborhood Bookstores Thrive in Digital Age
- The ABCs of E-Reading
- E-Books Top Hardcovers at Amazon
- The Best e-Readers Compared: Kindle, Kobo, Nook, and Reader Throw Down
- E-Book and Self-Publishing
- E-Books Will Overtake Paperbacks
The End: Reading and Writing (53:58 – 59:28)
That’s all, folks! See you next time, and thanks for listening.