This month’s episode is especially exciting because Rachel has a co-host now! Daniel Haeusser is a professor of biology and regular Skiffy and Fanty contributor. You’ll also know him from the monthly short SFT reviews that he writes for the SFT website. This episode is much longer than usual, but also more interesting, and Rachel and Daniel talk about everything you need to know in the world of SFT, including the unusually-high number of anthologies out in September, the great variety of short fiction, and books/collections that they’re looking forward to.
With new stories and books coming to our attention each week, make sure to check the SFT website for updates. Enjoy, and keep reading!
- SFT Out in September
- “The Foodie Federation’s Dinosaur Farm,” by Luo Longxiang, translated from the Chinese by Andy Dudak (Clarkesworld, September 1)
- “Children of the Endless Sea” by Suvi Kauppila, translated from the Finnish by the author (Samovar Magazine, September 25).
- “The Wind Cave” by Haruki Murakami, translated from the Japanese by Philip Gabriel (The New Yorker, September 3).
- The Reincarnated Giant: An Anthology of Twenty-First-Century Chinese Science Fiction, eds. Mingwei Song & Theodore Huters (Columbia University Press, September 4)
- The Apex Book of World SF 5, ed. Cristina Jurado (Apex Publications, September 18)
- Zion’s Fiction: A Treasury of Israeli Speculative Literature, eds. Sheldon Teitelbaum & Emanuel Lottem (Mandel Vilar Press, September 25)
- Readymade Bodhisattva: The Kaya Anthology of South Korean Science Fiction, eds. Sunyoung Park & Sang Joon Park (Kaya Press, September 21)
- Readers’ Corner
- Daniel is reading Vestiges in the original French
- Rachel is reading Legend of the Galactic Heroes Vol 7: Tempest
- Rachel is translating stories by Italian sf author Clelia Farris. Read one of her stories here.
- General Links
If you have a question you’d like us to answer, feel free to shoot us a message on our contact page.