We’re back with a heavy hitter. This week we talk about upcoming movies, the discovery of Atlantis, some stupid universities and their anti-library nonsense, and the recently released review/gender statistics from Strange Horizons.
Feel free to shoot us an email at skiffyandfanty [at] gmail [dot] com, leave a comment, or follow us on Twitter. We hope you enjoy the episode!
Note: If you have iTunes and like this show, please give us a review on our iTunes page, or feel free to email us with your thoughts about the show!
Here’s the episode (show notes are below):Episode 44 — Download (MP3)
Intro and News (0:00 – 36:10):
- Alcon Entertainment is Acquiring the Rights to Blade Runner
(Somewhere Philip K. Dick’s alternate personality is talking to itself.)
- The University of New South Wales is Killing Their Libraries
(Books rise up and finally start the revolution.)
- Archaeologies Claime to Have Found Atlantis in Spain
(Weirdos from Arkansas say the same about aliens…)
- Bioware Tells Straight Male Gamer to “Get Over It”
(Everyone but the angry straight guy has a good laugh. The extended cut can be found here.)
- Paolini’s Final Book is Coming Soon!
(Haters everywhere collapse into comas)
- Anarchy Books Opens For Business
(Andy Remic takes a swig from the Awesome Sauce bottle)
Strange Horizons and the Gender Count (36:11 – 53:44):
Check it out! Shaun’s first blurb!
That’s all, folks! Thanks for listening. See you next week.