In today’s episode of Signal Boost, Shaun and Jen introduce their whole new format: Conversations! Today, we discuss Marvel’s Nazi Problem: how Marvel has betrayed the character of Captain America, how upsetting this is in today’s political climate, and what we’re going to do about it. In addition, during our mini-boosts, we each share two things that we’re excited about. We hope you’ll enjoy them, too.
We hope you enjoy the episode!
Note: If you have iTunes and like this show, please give us a review on our iTunes page, or feel free to email us with your thoughts about the show!
Here’s the episode (show notes are below):
Marvel’s Nazi Problem:
- Blog Posts of Note:
- Marvel’s Nick Spencer on Captain America’s Betray and Handling Fan Reactions
- Ok, now Marvel Comics has taken this Nazi Captain America thing too far
- How Marvel Has Responded to the Nazi Captain America Controversy
- 8 Ways Comic Book Legend Jack Kirby Fought Fascism
- Is Captain America Currently A Nazi? The Answer Is Complicated
- Marvel Teases Vicious Alt-Right Takedown in ‘Secret Empire’
- ‘Captain America: Sam Wilson’ comic writer under fire for mocking social justice activism
- Marvel VP of Sales Blames Women and Diversity for Sales Slump
- Fanboy Rampage: Nick Spencer Vs. Critics, Nerdist, And Occasionally DC Comics For Some Reason
- From ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ to ‘Secret Empire’: How Marvel Has Embraced Politics In The Age Of Donald Trump
- The Problem with HydraCap: Secret Empire and the Truth about Hydra
- Twitter Threads of Note:
- Jen’s Boosts:
- Shaun’s Boosts:
For those that cannot listen to podcasts or prefer a written format, you can read the transcript below:
You can click the “pop out” icon in the top right OR click over to the main page to download the transcript in PDF format.
That’s all, folks! Thanks for listening. See you next time.