Dearest Reader, I hope you don’t mind taking a side-quest into Horror today. Horror, as I see it, is related to Science Fiction and Fantasy. Yes, it’s its own entity, but it’s related via Surrealism. Sometimes they’re so closely related that it’s difficult to separate one from the other. (See Alien, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Attack the Block, Pitch Black, and Event Horizon to name a few.) I used to consume a great deal of Horror, but at a certain point I no longer felt safe or welcome — even as a viewer. So, I left it behind, but I think I may be wandering back in thanks to a number of new releases and well, a certain podcast that I’d also like to recommend. (Women in Caskets, I’m looking at you. :)) WiCs reminded me of how much I miss Horror, and of how much I’ve missed. Continue reading
Tag Archives: intersection
Subscribe and Support!
2017 Skiffy & Fanty Episodes
- 317. Disability in SF/F -- A Discussion w/ Sarah Chorn and Elsa Sjunneson-Henry
- 316. Fantastic Four (2005) -- A Torture Cinema "Adventure"
- 315. Foz Meadows (a.k.a. The Portalist) — An Accident of Stars (An Interview)
- 314. Djibril al-Ayad (a.k.a. The Editor on Fire) — Problem Daughters (An Interview)
- 313. Looking Back, Moving Forward: Anticipating 2017