A new issue has arrived! In the 14th edition, we share a whole lot of movie discussions, from Wonder Woman to Spider-Man: Homecoming, some weird facts and science debates, and other podcast wonders.
We hope you find something new to listen to! Here we go:
- Over at Geeks Guide to the Galaxy, they interview Sofia Samatar about her recent collection, Tender.
- One of our favorite new podcasts, Breaking the Glass Slipper, recently talked to Kieron Gillen about gender and diversity in comics AND Melinda Snodgrass about optimism in science fiction. So much fun!
- You know a podcast is good if they can talk about great books with fantastic people. Cabbage & Kings does just that in its two most recent episodes: one with Kate Schapira on Jeff Vandermeer’s Annihilation and the other with Megan of Couch to Moon and Maureen K. Speller on Richard Adams’ Watership Down (and other great works).
- The Incomparable is at it again: reviewing the novel finalists for the Hugo and Nebula Awards. So much book!
- Are you a Jeffrey Archer fan? BBC’s World Book Club has a great Q&A session with him, featuring a lot of international readers!
- Over at Galactic Suburbia, the brilliant Hugo-nominated crew of awesomeness try to balance a discussion of The Handmaid’s Tale with joy. A tough task indeed!
- Imaginary Worlds looks at how Muslims respond to Frank Herbert’s Dune. This is seriously a fascinating episode about a classic work of science fiction.
- Wonder Woman discussions:
- Spider-Man: Homecoming discussions:
- The folks at We Hate Movies are busy at work covering every single Transformers movie for their summer movie bash. Here’s their episode on the first film!
- Speaking of Transformers: Insession Film Podcast recently wasted 2+ hours of their lives covering Transformers: Last Knight. *headdesk*
- It seems It Comes at Night is getting some strong praise. Here’s Filmspotting’s take.
- Over at The Book Was Better, they take a stab at the novelization of 2003’s Underworld. The movie was probably better…
- The lovely ladies at Desi Geek Girls recently discussed the infamous second Star Wars prequel, Attack of the Clones. They have many an opinion, but not the ones you expect!
- Now Playing with Lex and Dan are also on the Star Wars train — only, Lex has apparently never seen Star Wars. Listen to Dan help Lex through his conversion to SW fandom in their first episode on The Phantom Menace.
- 10 Minute Writer’s Workshop has two fantastic interviews with Jonathan Safran Foer and Ian Rankin. Check’em out!
- Over at Imaginary Worlds, Eric Molinsky profiles EVE Online, examining why people invest so much time in the game and much more! Shaun is super excited about this one!
History, Conspiracies, Science! and Weirdness
- We strongly recommend checking out NPR’s Hidden Brain podcast. They recently covered the accuracy of predictions in the political sphere, the social science behind the media’s coverage of Muslims, and even the influence of the public perception of rap music on the justice system. It’s super fascinating! They also have a great episode on robots and their influence on the human mind, with a heartbreaking story of what happens when you tell people to destroy a cute, non-sentient robot!
- BBC’s In Our Time tackles Plato’s Republic. Definitely worth a listen!
- The lovely hosts of Stuff You Missed in History Class have two super fascinating episodes: one on William Marston, the creator of Wonder Woman, and the other on the extinction of the Stephens Island Wren.
- StarTalk Radio attempts to explore the “science” of Game of Thrones. Season 7 just started! Yay!
And there you have it.
What have you been listening to? Let us know in the comments!