Episode 43 — Torture Cinema Meets Dungeons & Dragons

28 Mar

We’re back with another edition of Torture Cinema!  This time we look at the awful Dungeons & Dragons (2000) monstrosity.  The great thing about this episode is that you don’t have to watch the movie if you don’t want to.  We’ll do the dirty work for you!

The episode is sure to bring some laughs, so tune in and enjoy!

(Sorry for the late episode, folks.  I didn’t have time to edit the episode until late on Sunday and decided to push the release until Monday.  Thanks for your patience!)

Quick note:  Please donate to the Red Cross for relief efforts in Japan.  They could really use our help, folks.  $1.  $20.  Whatever you can manage.  Just help.

Feel free to shoot us an email at skiffyandfanty [at] gmail [dot] com, leave a comment, or follow us on Twitter.  We hope you enjoy the episode!

Note:  If you have iTunes and like this show, please give us a review on our iTunes page, or feel free to email us with your thoughts about the show!

Here’s the episode (show notes are below):

Episode 43 — Download (MP3)

Intro and Torture Cinema:  Dungeons & Dragons (0:00 – 36:07):

Our new intro music is “Time Flux” by Revolution Void (CC BY 3.0).

That’s all, folks!  Thanks for listening.  See you next week.

Advertisements

6 Responses to “Episode 43 — Torture Cinema Meets Dungeons & Dragons”

1. DnD April 1, 2011 at 10:36 am #

As my name and URL might indicate, I’m a bit of a D&D fanboy, and I still have an incredibly clear and vivid memory of watching this film on my birthday….
    It was every bit as bad as you say (yet somehow still better than its sequal).

I’d honestly rather watch a RedSonia, Lady Hawk, Hawk the slayer marathon than either of those two movies ever again!

… Actually Hawk the Slayers an awesome film, think I’d rather watch that 5 times in a row than any of those other films 😀

• skiffyandfanty April 3, 2011 at 11:11 pm #

We may be forced to watch some of those films. Thanks a lot, sir…

• Loopdilou April 12, 2011 at 5:43 pm #

I actually love Red Sonia and Lady Hawk, but Hawk the Slayer is awful! You have horrible taste in movies DnD! 😉

• skiffyandfanty April 12, 2011 at 9:15 pm #

Yeah, but now we’re going to have to watch some of these :P.

• dnd April 13, 2011 at 10:02 am #

How can you say that loopdilou!

Hawk the slayer is the closest movie to the average D&D group you can get! 😀

(I’d never seen lady hawk until last year actually, I was really impressed at how nice it looked! – Especially compared to Hawk the Slayer lol)

• Loopdilou April 15, 2011 at 4:26 pm #

To be honest, I’d have to watch Hawk the Slayer again to make a real judgment call. The last time I saw it was probably 20 years ago. Somehow, I don’t think it’s aged well though 😉

And yes, we’re probably going to have to watch it for Torture Cinema now. Red Sonya and Lady Hawk we don’t have to watch for Torture Cinema on the grounds that I love them! 😛