That’s right. To celebrate our 200th episode, we’re going to record it LIVE on Google+/YouTube. That means you’ll get to listen to and/or watch us act like crazy people for several hours, which we all know will be a lot of fun, right?
When and where? Monday, April 21st at 6:30-8:30 PM EST (we will post here and Tweet a link to the YouTube stream as soon as it goes live; the time is arbitrary and may be slightly short or slightly longer depending on need)
What should you expect? Celebrating 200 episodes, a world sf discussion, and a trivia game!
What can you do? You can watch the live episode, for one. And you can share the news! You can also submit trivia questions via this form (please read it before submitting)
Put it on your calendar!
Today is the deadline for Hugo Award nominations. If you haven’t voted yet, get your ballot filled out right now! We are, of course, eligible in the Best Fancast and Best Fanzine categories, along with a lot of other wonderful folks. So…vote!
In the interest of ballot-related things, I’d like to draw your attention to Mary Anne Mohanraj’s The Stars Change, which we talked about briefly in an upcoming episode recorded at ICFA this year (along w/ Cecilia Tan). I knew I wouldn’t be able to get the episode up in time for folks to listen to it pre-ballot-deadline, so I promised to write a little post about the book. In short, it’s an intriguing work, and our discussion covered such interesting topics as sexuality, Sri Lankan politics, and more. If anything, this post should serve as a reminder that it is, in fact, eligible this year.
Here are some details about the book, which is published by Circlet Press: Continue reading
Here’s what’s on the tour docket for March:
- 3/14: Shoot the WISB episode on Godzilla (1954)
- 3/18: Shoot the WISB episode on Babylon 5 (Season One; Disc Four) w/ Erika Ensign & Jaimie Wyman
- 3/29: Discussion of Brazilian speculative fiction (tentative)
- 3/31: Torture Cinema (title TBA)
- D/U: Discussion of Japanese speculative fiction (tentative)
- D/U: Interview w/ Sofia Samatar at ICFA (tentative)
- D/U: Other recordings at ICFA are TBA; we may or may not drop them in March, depending on which episodes have to be pushed back to April
D/U = Date Undetermined
There are still a bunch of things up in the wind for March, but we should have everything figured out by the end of the week!
Here’s what’s on the tour docket for February:
- Holdovers from January (already dropped): Torture Cinema review of Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen and an interview w/ Myke Cole (published 2/1 and 2/2, respectively).
- 2/7 (already dropped): discussion w/ Tansy Rayner Roberts and Marienne de Pierres on Australian Speculative Fiction
- 2/11: discussion w/ Helen Lowe, Norman Cates, & Stephen Minchin on New Zealander Speculative Fiction
- 2/14: WISB discussion of Heavenly Creatures (Peter Jackson)
- 2/17: an interview w/ Adam Christopher about Hangwire, out from Angry Robot Books
- 2/21: WISB discussion of Babylon 5 (season one; disc three)
- 3/2 or 3/3 (technically not a Feb. date, though it’s supposed to be): Torture Cinema review of Sons of Steel
So, there you go :)